What is Animal Chiropractic?
- A profession also known as ‘Veterinary Chiropractic.’ Which requires specialized post-graduate training for either licensed Doctors of Chiropractic or Veterinary Medicine
- Animal Chiropractic is a holistic and natural approach to several health and performance issues
- In concert with appropriate veterinary care, many specific musculoskeletal conditions and injuries are well addressed by animal chiropractic
- Initial consultation/examination includes thorough health history review, gait analysis, static and motion testing, neurological evaluation, and sometimes a referral for x-ray examination/further testing to rule out a more serious problem.
The following is a list of common indications for animal Chiropractic care:
- Neck, back, leg, tail pain or stiffness
- Muscle tenderness, asymmetry, topline tenderness
- Nerve problems or irritation
- Injuries from slips, falls, rough play, or animal sport
- Difficulty or reluctance getting up or down, jumping in or out of car, up or down stairs etc.
- Restricted movement of back or legs, short stepping or striding
- Post- Surgical care to facilitate healing and address biomechanical compensatory changes
- Chronic internal medical disorders that do not resolve as expected (e.g.: Loss of urine control)
- Improved quality of life, function and comfort for geriatric animals
Inquires or questions please contact:
- Dr. Kim Adie, D.C, Certified Animal Chiropractor